Sunday 27 May 2012

Day 26 - Testing

Murray and I agreed to test tonight instead of before work in the morning. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. The test was negative. I have to go for my official blood test on Tuesday morning, but the test was pretty stark.

My head is pounding and I'm upset, but I suppose I should never have expected anything different.

So onto Plan T, or is it Z? I've lost count. Another frozen transfer of a donated embryo. This time I'm going to ask them to grow the embryo further to make sure it is still expanding, and then if it doesn't keep growing, we will use the day 5 embryo instead. I don't know if it's even worth doing.

Maybe I should admit defeat and wake up to the fact that I'm not going to be a mother.

5 comments:

  1. oh - i am so, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bec. I really hope you are proven wrong with the blood test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. &$%@ #&!!! i'm sorry Bec, i had high hopes of this cycle for you, everything seemed to be falling into place for you and you seemed so positive :( i'm gutted right along with you.

    i'm still holding faithful the belief that your arms will be filled one day honey and you WILL be called Mumma.

    love you.

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey :(
    I'm just so sorry.

    I hate this.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bec

    You will be a mother. Murray will be a daddy. I think your plan to grow the next emby to blastocyst is a perfect idea... this little wee one just wasn't your one. Then you also have the other 5 dayer. Happiness will find you... just keep putting one foot in front of the other in the direction of your dreams... even if you take a few step backwards, you are still heading in the right direction. In the meantime, treat your body well, eat lean, mean and become a fighting machine :-)

    Lots of love from Mel in Sydney xxx

    ReplyDelete