Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 22 - PUPO or A Little Bit Pregnant

Murray likes to tell me all the time tht I am PUPO. That is, Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise. One of those infertility phrases you learn over the years. I like to think of it as a little bit pregnant. After all, we 100% know that there is a fertilized egg, an early embryo in my uterus. We don't know if it will develop further, but the one thing that gives me some hope is that the couple who donated this embryo were successful before us, and I'm fairly sure that would have been from the same batch as this little one. Lord I hope so. Only 6 more days until we get the results. I bought a pack of pregnancy tests from the supermarket this evening. I ummed and ahhed about whether to get them, but I know that I will want to know the morning of the test to prepare myself as much as possible for the official result. On Tuesday I am also going to a meeting that my brother, his partner and her mother will be at to discuss what's happening with guardianship etc of my neices and nephews. I just want them to be safe and happy. Hopefully the meeting will help us resolve some things. We've loved having the littlest one Jack around, and hope to be able to take him every so often, which also gives his parents/careers a break. Apologies for the lack of paragraphs in some of my previous posts- I assure you I haven't declared war on grammar! For some reason the new blogger layout isn't compatible with my iPad, which is my main blogging medium these days.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are NOT proven otherwise and that this is the magic embryo that will grow and grow. Having followed your journey for so many years now, I feel so happy for you and scared and protective of you all at once, even though we have never met IRL. You are like a little sister to me and I would be so thrilled to see a pic of you holding your newborn babe in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keeping everything crossed for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, four days to go now right? Bec I have a good feeling. It's like there is change in the air xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby dust baby dust baby dust..

    ReplyDelete