Friday 5 August 2011

donors, embryos and ivf

I called the clinic today to check where we are on the Donor Embryo waiting list. I shouldn't have got my hopes up. We are number 50 in the queue at the clinic. With only a handful of embryos donated each year, it is pretty much a write-off.

Another roadblock.

I'm seriously considering advertising in one of the Perth womens magazines, appealing to women who have had their children through IVF, if they have finished their families, to consider donating their remaining embryos to us. We don't care about ethnicity or physical features. We just want a child to love and care for.

This IVF cycle hasn't busted... yet. At least that is something to hold onto. My estrogen was at 510 this morning, so I am off to the clinic in the morning for a scan. I just need something to go right for us.

2 comments: