Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 13

My estrogen has gone up to 1200 so we are still in the game for now. My ultrasound shows a bunch of follicles around the 6-9mm mark, still very small for this stage of my cycle, but we are going to push on and see if we can get them to grow to maturity.

My head is all over the place. For the first time in all of our 14 treatment cycles, I cried while having my ultrasound done. I couldn't help it, I was so upset that there was no lead follicle, and that they were still so small. The nurse ended up spending 10 minutes with me afterwards, helping me to calm down.

Most likely this cycle will be cancelled. Logically I know that. But I am so grateful that we are still pushing through to see if we can salvage something from this situation. Just to get to egg collection would be a miracle in itself.

Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

  1. Crossing everything I have that you get to EPU xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. holding on with you babe.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping along with you for your miracle. Hugs seem so futile with all the blows you have been dealt, but sending hugs just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing everything possible for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, I can see you have really put a lot of effort into making this a must read. Some really good posts, shows you have put a lot of time and effort in to it for your readers.

    ReplyDelete