Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 21 - the results

We are going ahead with egg collection on Friday!!!

I am so relieved that we are able to go ahead with treatment, I let out the biggest sigh of relief once I got the phone call with the good news. It was actually the nurse who I had the altercation with this morning which made the conversation a little interesting. She made a comment at the end that I 'got what I wanted' which I thought was a little snarky at the time. But I'm not dwelling on that, I am just so pleased to finally get to this point.

It has been two years since my last egg collection! And this time it is at a different clinic with different protocols. From what I've heard, Concept use a twilight anaesthetic instead of a general which is a little scary! But apparently a lot easier to recover from which can only be a good thing.

So my trigger injection will be at 7.30pm tonight (at the concert!) and then we get to the clinic first thing Friday morning for egg pick up at 7.30am. All going well, next Wednesday we will have a little embryo on board!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Keeping everything crossed for you hon.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear. Fingers crossed and holding my breath along with you on the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news. I'm a recent follower of your blog, in the past weeks I've been checking my blog reader everyday for any updates.

    I'll be thinking of you over the next week. :)

    xxLela

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank goodness! I am so pleased for you both :) I did my egg collection under twilight sedation, I liked it better than the general as they decide when to wake you up which they do with drugs so when you're awake 20 mins later you don't feel groggy at all. The general made me feel sleepy for the rest of the day. Good luck - yours is the first blog I read in my RSS reader as I'm really crossing my fingers for you.. this is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete