Sunday 7 August 2011

The Call Back

Eventually I got a phone call last night at 6pm, but unfortunately I was in the shower and missed it. Instead of leaving instructions like they usually do, I was asked to call back today to get my results. Right. So I called at 8 like they requested and was told that someone would call me when they were free. By 11am I still hadn't heard, and had no idea whether to continue with my drugs or not. I called back and told the receptionist that I wasn't hopping off the phone until I spoke to a nurse. Finally I spoke to a nurse who seemed surprised that I hadn't been called back earlier.

The results weren't great. My estrogen has dropped back to 350 and they don't know what is going on. They have said for me to keep going with my drugs and have another blood test tomorrow morning. It might just be drawing out the inevitable, but considering I have all the drugs here anyway, and my body is unpredictable, I may as well keep taking them and monitoring my levels to see if by some miracle, my body comes right.

I was meant to go to my father-in-laws birthday last night, but I ended up sending Murray by himself instead. It has been a really rough couple of days, and my coping mechanisms are not working. I didn't want to be around other people, least of all a newborn baby. Instead I spent the night cuddled up with my fur-babies in front of the tv, watching the full first season of 'The Big Bang Theory'. It was great therapy to laugh at mindless jokes, and forget about everything going on. I need that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey :( I wish I could give you a big hug right now!

    Hoping that your levels right themselves.

    You know where I am in you need to chat.

    love you.
    x

    ReplyDelete