Friday 19 August 2011

Day 23 - Egg Collection

Egg Collection is over and done with and we have ended up with 10 eggs! It's the lowest number of eggs I've had retrieved to date, but as a result, my OHSS risk is quite low which is great. Also great is how good I am feeling after the procedure! Concept use a twilight anaesthetic which I am completely in love with after today's experience - no nausea, no breathing tubes, up and walking in an hour and a half after surgery.

So for now I am resting up, I haven't slept much these last couple of days, so using this time to catch up my sleep debt. I have to call the clinic between 2 and 3 tomorrow to find out our fertilisation results. We did ask the embryologist this morning if we could use ICSI rather than straight IVF, just to throw everything we have at this round of treatment, and they have agreed to our request.

Praying so hard that we make it to embryo transfer.

6 comments:

  1. I knew you'd love the twilight - so much nicer than the general! Crossing my fingers for you both for tomorrow - please post us an update when you can, so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Bec, I hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt know you had not had twilight before. I thought you had.. I loved the twighlight at concept.. Cant believe you did all the other egg collections under general.. twightlight rocks.. Bec this is going to happen its your year..Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so relieved Bec! Have been thinking of you and hoping that you would get a good result. Come on little eggs, please make it to transfer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we there yet? Hanging for 2pm

    ReplyDelete