Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 21

Plenty of follicles, one at 20mm, a whole bunch between 14-16mm, and even more at 10-14mm. I'm fairly sure they wont trigger me tonight and may even wait until Friday to trigger.
I am utterly spent. I have cried more in this cycle than I have for the whole year before this month. I am on edge all the time, and the slightest thing can send me into a tail-spin. It doesn't feel like my usual depression-mix though which makes me think it is purely situational - the hormones and treatment cycle are just pushing my buttons hard this time round.
That may explain why I ended up in a (how to put it politely) 'disagreement' with one of the fertility nurses this morning. I came in with good intentions, just needing to let them know that I was nearly out of drugs and would need some extra from tomorrow. Somehow it turned into a debate as to how far to push a PCOS patient during IVF, with the nurse disputing that my Dr is conservative, and basically saying that I had no idea what I was talking about, that she did know, and bla bla bla. I know I'm a little sensitive at the moment, but she was getting agitated and I wasn't happy, so I walked out of that room very upset and having a good cry in the car before I headed to work. Now I just hope that she isn't the one who rings and gives my results this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment