Tuesday 4 August 2009

black & blue

My tummy is black and blue (and purple and yellow!) from all of the gonal-f injections. They don't hurt too much but they are leaving ridiculous marks all over my stomach! But I guess I can't complain - Murray had his TESA today, which wasn't the most pleasant thing to watch! I stroked his head and kept him calm while the procedure happened - watching a 2 inch needle being injected into your husbands testes is not a good idea! But Murray was incredibly brave and we got a few straws of sperm. I should get an update tomorrow of exactly how good the sperm was. Murray got quite clammy during the procedure and felt like he wanted to throw up, but he made it through, and is only a little bit sore now - no bruising or anything!

I am day 8 today, and have another blood test and scan tomorrow morning at the clinic. At my scan on Monday nothing was happening to my follicles so I am hoping they bounce into action and have grown tomorrow. My doctor pulled me aside today after Murray's procedure to tell me that he (and the nurses) had noticed that I had put on weight and that I really need to control that and try and lose some of it. He said that he wasn't going to stop treatment or make a big deal out of it, but I really needed to make an effort to lose some. I'm actually a little upset about it all - not that he made that comment, because he is well within his rights to, and I know that I need to lose weight as well. It's just that I have been trying so damn hard! The day of my transfer, when we fell pregnant with Vanilla, I weighed 103 kg which is a good weight for me, and I feel quite healthy with it. I stacked on the weight after the transfer and early preg because I wasnt allowed to exercise at all and ate everything I wanted. But even after we lost Vanilla, I have been piling on the kilos. I have been back at the gym, at least three days a week and with a personal training additionally, yet I am still putting on weight! I just don't understand it. I am currently at 108.5kg, so I have put on 5 1/2 kilos in just over three months. IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!! So I am going to put a seriously crazy effort into trying to keep my weight under control before my egg collection, and hopefully lose a couple of kilos in the meantime.

Anyway, thats enough babble for one night, I am utterly exhausted so off to bed I go.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the weight thing. When you're thinking about the weight gain, DO take into account everything that has been happening in your life recently.

    Also some people are just meant to be 'bigger' and will never be a skinny minnie (I'm one of them!).

    Good on you for taking steps to get healthier tho, the gym and the personal trainer is great and even if you don't lose any weight you will still become healthier by getting fitter!!

    Please tell Murray how brave I think he is, I mentioned the proecdure to my DH when you first posted about Murray having to have it done and I swear my DH went a whiter shade of pale LMAO, so Murray is INDEED a brave soul and it shows how much he wants to not only be a Dad but also make you a Mum!

    *Grow Follies Grow*

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry they added more stress. You're adorable.Try not to let it upset you.
    I'm going through the same thing .
    What they don't guess is that you have a mirror at home and also know when you're clothes are tighter.DO they think you're part of some group who does IVF to put on weight and poke yourself with needles?
    Try to stay as positive as you can.They mean well but...grrr
    hugs and good luck 2 you both

    ReplyDelete