Sunday 23 August 2009

Thngs that have helped

It's been a rough week. Shit who am I kidding. It's has been a freaking horrible week. Our dreams of a family are crushed. We don't know if we will ever be able to afford IVF again, or for that matter if I would even want to do IVF again. I don't think I could have gotten through this week without my friends.

My husband who I really truly deeply love. It sounds trite and cliched but he really is my rock. Without him I would have no meaning. He looked after me so well. He held me in his arms and just let me be sad which is exactly what I needed.

And then there is Megan, my gorgeous next door neighbour. Who was the first person I called in tears when I was told there were no embryos, and dropped everything to stay with me while I was in hysterics.

My beautiful friends who sent me messages of support through sms, email or my blog. Each one came through on the blackberry, and filled me with love and support, each message helping me to regain my sanity and pull through a very dark time.

A card from a faraway friend in Houston TX, and from closer to home at my church.





I know that I don't walk this path alone. I have many people here cheering me on to the highest point, and there to catch me when I fall. So thankyou. To all of you. You know who you are xx

5 comments:

  1. i was thinking the same thing. although i haven't gone through what you have, i know that regardless of what path i take to motherhood, the wonderful people i have met through the blog world have saved my life. i've had the pleasure of meeting a mere few in person, but knowing that you are out there makes the difficult days that much more bearable.

    please know that in my corner of the universe that i'm praying for you.

    it will get better, i don't know when or how, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to read that you've had such tremendous support around you at this time, not just in the blogosphere but more importantly the real world, which goes along way in how we do or do not start the pathway of healing.

    Please know that you have been in my thoughts.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been taken care of so well. For that, I am happy for you. My heart is just so sick. I don't even knwo what to say. I'm praying for you and your hearts to heal.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been through so much, hang in there, some days are dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and Murray as always Bec, sending you lots of virtual hugs from the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete