Sunday 23 August 2009

Out of the blue

Click on the image to see the article (on the right-hand-side)

My blog has been written about in Notebook magazine, a national womens magazine in Australia. I had no clue about it at all until a fellow blogger saw it (I guess they don't need your permission if somethings online...) I feel very flattered and happy to share, but it certainly gave me pause for a moment to think that I am sharing my deepest and darkest fears and dreams on this webpage. I don't plan on censoring myself. To be honest, I don't think I could if I wanted to. This is my outlet, my place to let off steam, to get support, to deal with the really lows and celebrate the highs in life.

If you have come across this blog and realise you know me in real life - that is okay. You are welcome to read my blog, and even talk to me about it. If I have said things about you (hello in-laws!), please know that these feelings were how I felt at the time and if you want to know how I really feel/felt- there it is laid down for you, from my perspective. That doesn't mean I don't love you. It means I love you too much and wanted to get it all out in my head so that I don't explode.

There. That's about the best disclaimer a girl can give. If you are visiting after reading the magazine article - Welcome - and please feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think. And apologies in advance, things are a bit dark at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. congrats Bec! That's very exciting. I know you are in a very dark place right now. I'm going to email you later this week for a "chat." but I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. I see that longed for baby in your arms, how and when I don't know. But I do. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool is that! congrats bec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool! good work, sweetie! Even though you're in such a dark spot right now, you're getting the word about IF out. That's pretty cool.

    Sending you lots of love.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you managed to have a look at it, I did a double take when I came across it and looked back and said "hang on thats Bec's blog!"

    It does make you aware of how public your blog is thats for sure BUT because t's so public you're giving hope to so many that you can't see. They see your courage and determination to become a Mum and think if she can be that strong so can I.

    And you are strong, you may not feel it right now but you are...trust me...and like Seraphim, I too can see that long for baby in your arms, I don't know how but you will become a Mum, keep that faith you've had for so long....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your blog is written about before Dooce.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love that you were mentioned in the same article as tertia - you are truly an infertility world icon. Dubious honour though that may be!

    Much love sweetheart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do know you IRL. And I read this, hoping that I could say something to help but there is nothing. We aren't close. I just feel helpless. I have a child that was unplanned and I think of you every day. I so wanted this to happen for you. I'm so sorry. I hope you can find the inner peace you need and the happiness you so deserve xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bec

    I've just read your blog after seeing your article in Notebook, my heart goes out to you, it took me 3 1/2 years to fall pregnant and I was in a very bad way for along time, it is really the toughest experience ever and I really don't think anyone truly understand until they have been through it themselves. One day you will become a Mum and you will be amazing, I appreciate my little baby so much more than the average mum. Wishing you all the best in your journey, be kind to yourself and take time out to nurture yourself.

    xx

    ReplyDelete