Tuesday 4 March 2008

Cycling again

My period arrived this morning, so we are officially onto IVM cycle 2. I'm quietly excited but still nervous. Actually right now I'm PMS'ing and pissed off at work so IVM hasn't been a huge focus in my head, which is probably a good thing. Not to think about it too much that is.

I have my Day 2 scan & bloods tomorrow, then injection gonal-f on Thursday through to Saturday. Another scan/BT combo on next Wednesday and then hopefully egg collection the following Tuesday. Last cycle my dose was 150iu, I think they will be upping that this time to get my follicles to grow a little bit more before EPU to make them easier for collection. Hopefully in turn that means it will be less painful for me!

Work is driving me crazy at the moment, but we have just had our maternity leave upped from 8 weeks to 12 weeks paid leave, plus I am eligible for 6 weeks long service leave in September, and that doesnt even touch on annual leave. When I go on Maternity leave, I will get to have 6 months at half pay plus whatever annual leave I have. However much I want to leave my job right now, I have to stay- if only for the benefits. I will be looking in other branch's though to see what else is around. I am sick of putting in extra hours, bringing work home, having very little support and not being recognised for any of it. I also don't like having IVF used against me. I spoke to the lady who is about to become my boss (again - the one who told me that due to my 'life choices' my role was no longer compatible to me) and she said the reason that I was struggling to keep up with my work is that I have too much time off! Like- what the fuck! I have had two annual leave days this year and that is it! She does my head in, and I can not work in close quarters with her. Grrrrrrrr.

OK PMS rant over... for now!

1 comment:

  1. Why in the world do people feel it necessary to comment on our IF status? As if she would have any clue as to how this affects you. Sigh-she clearly has no idea how many of us there are and how we all continue to go to work and manage our lives just as well as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete