Sunday 23 March 2008

Delayed transfer

What a great Easter I am having already. You know how I was thinking having the transfer on Easter Sunday was a nice little omen, a sign about new life and all the things that lie ahead for us? Well it was crap, total and utter crap. Our transfer has been put off until tomorrow, that is if it happens at all.

I just spoke to Steve at the clinic, and apparently of our four remaining embryos, two have stopped growing, one is nearly at blastocyst stage, and another is trying to get there. They want to give them extra time to develop so we wait until tomorrow. Steve admitted that the situation wasn't great and that the embryos weren't doing what they were meant to do. All my confidence walked right out the door in that moment.

Im not sure what the plan of attack is after this cycle. Doreen has said that they wont consider double embryo transfer for a while because I'm so young, but I'm getting desperate. Maybe we should stick to doing 3-day transfers instead? We just seem to lose too many embryos trying to get to 5-days. But then the success rates are a lot higher with blastocyst transfer.

The other side of this is deciding whether or not to continue with IVM as a treatment or whether to go back to IVF. Murray and I made an agreement in the beginning that we would give IVM four attempts, but now I'm not sure if we can stick to that. I don't want to do IVF, last time I had six weeks of injecting and sniffing for my body to do absolutely nothing and have to cancel the cycle which devastated me. Yet if I could get through all of that, the success rates are so much higher.

So yeah, Happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, so very sorry. I can imagine how horribly disappointed I would feel if I got this news today, or if I get it tomorrow. Keep your hopes up though; it sounds like there is still hope and it only takes one good one, really. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec, my hearts breaking for you. I'm so sorry hun.

    PLEASE don't give up just yet even if it's easier said then done, I've learnt one thing and that is your one strong chicka. xx

    ReplyDelete