Monday 17 March 2008

Ten is a good number

Just got back from having my egg collection done at the hospital. We ended up with ten eggs, which while it is less than the thirteen we got last time, is still a good number. I'm fairly well drugged up at the moment so not in too much pain, but have some referred pain in my shoulder and chest which is killing me at the moment. I'm not as groggy or nauseous as I was last time which is good as well.

My gorgeous friend Fiona drove me in today as Murray couldn't get the day off work. I was worried the whole thing would freak her out, but she said that it helped her understand what I'm going through a lot better. It's so nice to have good friends :-)

We went down to the clinic to have a chat with Steve, and he said that the procedure was a bit easier this time, I assume because my eggs were bigger. He said that although be got less than last time, they seem to be of good quality, and the different protocol (more FSH) has definitely helped out.

So now the eggs mature overnight, Murray goes in tomorrow morning to give his sample and then they will fertilise the eggs. Fingers crossed we get good numbers from all of that! Our Embryo Transfer is booked for Easter Sunday, and blood test on April 2nd.

2 comments:

  1. Great news honey! Sounds like it all went really well. Will be thinking of you and hoping for good fert results!

    Your friend sounds like a total star, how kind of her. Good luck hon!

    ReplyDelete