Monday 10 March 2008

Disappointing scan

Had my scan this morning, only to find that not only have my follicles not grown, some have disappeared altogether. Antral follicle count was 25 from memory, now I have 11 on my left side, 4 on my right (or is it the other way round?) that are less than 5mm and a scattering of 5mm & 6mm follicles. The nurse gave me some gonal-f to take with me in case the doctor wants me to inject more beforehand.

I'm starting to get really nervous about this cycle. Last time it only took three days of 150iu injections to get them to a decent level. Today is five days with a worse result. How much more confusing can this get?

I also spoke to the nurse about Dr Aitken performing my egg collection. Her reassurance to me was that "he retrieves lots of immature eggs in his IVF egg collections", which is another way of saying he has zero experience in IVM egg collection. I am so totally screwed.

1 comment:

  1. Argh thats what happened to me, mine went backwards. Its the unpredictable nature of Poly Cystic ovaries. it fricken SUCKS. I hope that you get better results soon. As for the inexperience, doesn't mean he won't be brilliant at it, hang in there my friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete