Monday 25 February 2008

A giant mess

As per my last post, I was looking after my brothers children as both him and his girlfriend were violently arguing. Both Mitchell and Alicia agreed to this. More arguments developed today and the police were called to the house.

It came out that Alicia has threatened to kill the kids. On hearing this I felt sick. Apparently she threatened to stab them and kill them. I don't know the context of the argument but it is enough to make me never want her near those kids again.

Once again they both agreed it was best that the kids stay with me. Fast forward to 10.30pm tonight when we get a knock on the day. Alicia and her Dad were there, demanding that we hand over the kids. I said that I would need to make a phone call first and her Dad was very aggresive and decided to call the police, which was a good move.

The police were very good and helpful, they said that I had definitely done the right thing by not handing them over, and that Crisis Care (who I had spoken to earlier in the day) would come out to make an immediate assesment as to whether the children could go home with them.

The Crisis Care people have been very helpful today, just to know where I stand on everything. I have always supported Mitch & Leasha, but after hearing her threats towards the children, I can no longer do that.

The Crisis Care team (two ladies) came out and spoke to them for awhile and then came inside to say that it was fine for the kids to go home with them. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!! Besides the fact that it is the middle of the night, the kids have been fast asleep for hours, all their stuff is here, imagine what a traumatic experience that would be for the kids!

The Crisis people said that she would be monitored, and that her dad had agreed to supervise Alicia adequately. Yeah right, because he did a great job of that when she was a kid. Look how well she turned out. OK that probably is out of line but I am so angry!

So I had to drag the kids out of bed crying. They have said that should Mitchell and Alicia continue with their relationship, they will intervene, whatever that means.

My heart is completely broken right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything's okay! Thinking of you. Gwen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are going through his right now.

    It is so unfair that we would make the best parents, but these are the people who get to have kids.

    ReplyDelete