Tuesday 5 February 2008

Action Plan

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to achieve nothing by remaining upset, so I am trying to do what all those self-help books tell you to do, and decide to move on. While emotionally that is hard, I need to do it for myself.

From this moment on, I want to focus on being positive and working hard. I want to make sure that when we go for our next IVM/ICSI round, that I know I am putting 100% in and to do that I need to keep losing weight.

My action plan:
*Go to the gym every day for at least half an hour
*Stick to the dinner planner - no takeaway dinners
*Go to work on time, no sleep-ins because you are feeling sorry for yourself
*Give yourself a weekly manicure - it will make you feel better about yourself
*Make an effort with your appearance
*Don't beat yourself up if you slip up, just refocus on the goals ahead.

Now to stick to it. I have gone to the gym for the past three nights, and have reactived my Calorie King membership to help with recording my food intake. My goal is to lose four kilos before we start treament again, so around a kilo a week. Hopefully all of this can distract me from everything that is in my head.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea, now if only I could follow your good advice.

    All the best with your action plan.
    Gwen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great action plan, and I'm really proud of you for being in this mode so soon. It has been more than a month since I found out my IVF did not work and I am still trying to figure out my action plan.

    I think this is a fantastic plan and may even steal it : )

    Hang in there and take good, good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing in between cycles. Its a good distraction too, I find. I hope you have lots of success hon.

    ReplyDelete