Tuesday 12 February 2008

Crash - Bang!

And so the rollercoaster came to a grinding halt.

I received a phone call from Steve, our embryologist this morning.
It appears that there has been some miscommunication going on.
Apparently we never had a blastocyst frozen. He claims he told us that, I distinctly remember the phone call saying (after our transfer) that one had made it, which I assumed meant that one had made it to be frozen.

No frozen blastocyst = No frozen embryo transfer.

I am devastated. I'm even more upset than with our BFN the other day. This was our back up plan. This is what kept me sane. Now we can't afford to another cycle until May.

Everyone I have spoken to says that May isn't that far away, it's only three months, I can exercise and get fit in that time, blah blah blah. I know what I am capable of dealing with, and I am not capable of dealing with three months. Not now.

I am so close to a nervous breakdown.

2 comments:

  1. Oh God, Bec, I am so so so sorry. What an awful and gut wrenching thing to happen. I hope and pray that you get through this setback ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bec, how awful. I am so, so sorry about your news. I hope things work themselves out quickly and without more horror.

    ReplyDelete