Tuesday 19 February 2008

Crappy day

Another crappy day on the horizon.

I woke up with a pounding headache this morning. That's generally enough to tip me over the edge on a good day.

Then Murray and I headed to the clinic for our counselling appointment which we booked at the end of our unsuccesful cycle. When we got there though, they had no record of our appointment. BBBFB. Apparently we must have "dropped out of the system". I managed to keep my cool about it, although Murray was fuming. He has only been at his new job for three weeks, so to take half a day off was a huge deal, especially considering he will need to take a day off for the next IVM cycle.

I'm sick of our clinic making mistakes, and not having better procedures in place. I know they have only been around for a couple of years, but surely that's enough time to get their act together.

I'm going to write a letter to the clinic with some comments and suggestions. I don't want it to be a letter of complaint as such, although at least that way they have to respond to it. I don't want our treatment or relationship with staff at the clinic to be impacted by this, but at the same time, I can't deal with anymore mistakes. The first thing was too little information being provided about understimulation in our first cycle. Then they overcharged us and didn't tell us about price rises in our IVM cycle. Then the 'miscommunication' about not having any embryos frozen. Now an administrative stuff-up. Going through assisted conception is not easy at the best of times, but all of these things just make it harder to keep going.

I don't want to change clinic because for all of my complaints above, I do really like the people there, it's relatively close to work, and they are the only clinic that does IVM. But right now I am really frustrated and just don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard when you have difficulties with your doctor's office. We do too. I would definitely write a letter and let them know of your issues.

    I hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete