Sunday 13 January 2008

OPU booked

Still haven't found the time to do an update on a holiday - will get onto it soon, promise!

In the meantime, an IVM update for you all.
Went into the clinic on Friday morning for a blood test and ultrasound which went really well. I now have nine follicles bigger than 5mm and 12 smaller than 5mm on my left hand side. My right ovary is a slow responder and has only four follicles bigger than 5mm and 10 less than 5mm. Endo is at 6.3mm which apparently is on the thin side.

Steve stopped by to have a chat with me about how it's all going, and in his words it is 'perfect'! Not just going well, or good result but perfect. Murray got really excited on hearing that, I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I am feeling really positive about this cycle.

I have to go into the clinic and have my 'big bleed' tomorrow - they need some of my blood to use in the culture medium to help grow the embryo. Couldn't they have come up with a better name than the 'big bleed'! Apparently they need 20mL of blood which sounds like an awful lot of blood to be taking!


I've also started taking estrogen tablets this morning which I need to take every 8 hours for the next three weeks, and from OPU I will also be on crinone pessaries. I haven't used the pessaries before so will have to see how they go.


So OPU has been booked in for Tuesday morning which means I have to do my trigger injection tonight at 8pm. I have to prepare the syringe myself using the glass ampules, as opposed to the pre-filled syringe which I already had. Oh boy I am freaking out big time. I have been trying to distract myself with cleaning the house and writing out lists of things that I need to do, but it really isn't working. I'm going to try some relaxation techniques an hour before the injection to try and calm myself down, hopefully I will come through the other end okay.

1 comment:

  1. Bec, it all sounds wonderfully promising. All the very best and good luck with the shot!

    Gwen.xx

    ReplyDelete