Friday 4 January 2008

Familiarity breeds... happiness?

Had my blood test and ultrasound this morning at the clinic. Ultrasound shows 25 follicles on my left ovary, all less than 5mm, and 13 on my left ovary, 3 are .5mm, and 10 are less than 5mm. Maybe right ovary is lazy or something - wouldn't suprise me! Apparently it's normal to have one ovary produce differently to the other which is reassuring. Now I just have to wait for the clinic to call and let me know what day to start my three day injection run :-)

I didn't realise that my FS is on holidays at the moment and wont be back until the 14th January. She is the only FS that can do IVM OPU because it's more difficult than traditional IVF OPU. All of this means that I probably wont start injections tomorrow and will probably wait until Monday/Tuesday next week so the follicles don't grow too fast. Wil have that confirmed this afternoon though. I'm excited though, the IVM process is so much quicker than IVF!! Last time I had to sniff Synarel for 29 days before my cycle was cancelled, and had 15 days of injections. Now I have only 3 days of injection, and voila - OPU is only a week and a bit away!

Already I have had such a different experience than with our first IVF. Just little things that make all the difference, the receptionist knew who I was and that I was doing IVM, the lady who did my blood test talked to me like a human being (believe me, sometimes they are the devil incarnate!), Steve (Dr Junk - I've decided to move to a first name basis) stopped past and said hi, for no other purpose than to say hello. Just that recognition that I am a real person, and not just another name on a piece of paper, has made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Maybe it's because I'm doing IVM and because it's different they recognise me? Or maybe it's because I've been hanging around too long! It's possible it's me who has changed, because I know what happens now, I'm not so fearful and nervous. Either way it makes me feel a lot more comfortable to have that familiarity.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your feeling positive and your clinic is making you feel comfortable, as you said it makes a world of difference.

    All the best. Gwen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say good luck to you. I'll be checking in on your progress. Just take good care of yourself during this time.

    And thanks for the post on my new blog.

    - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's terrifically exciting that you are moving forward with your plan. Yay! I am sending you warm and fuzzy vibes and I can't wait to hear how well things go for you!

    ReplyDelete