Wednesday 6 May 2009

Interview time

I was approached several weeks ago by ACCESS, Australia's IVF support group, to do an interview with a local newspaper on IVF and how we would be impacted if their were cuts to IVF funding in this years federal budget. I've already sent letters to all my local members of parliament, with very little response, so I felt like this could be a good way to get the message across. Of course this was all before I fell pregnant!

So today I was interview over the phone by the Medical Writer for 'The West Australian', and a photographer is coming out shortly to take a photograph to accompany the article. They have agreed to not mention the pregnancy according to my wishes. I just wouldn't feel comfortable this early telling the whole world that I am pregnant - in particular having my workplace know about it.

I'm quite nervous that every man and his dog will know that I have done IVF, but if it helps with the campaign to stop cuts to IVF funding then I am all for it.

7 comments:

  1. congrats Bec. Let me know when the article comes out. I'd love to see it. How are you feeling? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great Bec, it's high time women with fertility issues are given a stronger voice, you will do so well to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave move coming out of the IVF closet Bec. One of the most selfless acts you could do and the entire IVF community will be so grateful for the awareness you hopefully raise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing Bec! Good for you! I know it is a little scary stepping out there, but all of us fellow IF's applaud you and thank you for taking a stand and stepping out there for all of us!
    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome bec! it's admirable that you're "coming out of the closet" to help other women that are going through IVF. i wish i could be as brave as you are and actually tell people about our struggles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I think it's a wonderful idea, and a brave one! You're doing a great thing.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm no article yet - maybe it will be published on Monday? The latest news says that their may be a cap placed on how much you can get rebated from Medicare.

    ReplyDelete