Monday 11 May 2009

6 weeks + 3 days

I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I really am pregnant. I know this might sound repetitive and monotonous, but I am just so grateful for every morning that I wake up and know that I have a baby growing inside of me, and everynight where I fall asleep dreaming of rocking my child to sleep. While physically straining, these last few weeks have been the happiest of my life.

I had some spotting while at work today. It was dark and old blood, but it was enough to make my heart race a little faster, and to call the clinic. They asked if I had done anything different over the weekend, and of course I had been playing Wii Fit and had also gone to the gym for some light exercise, for the first time since I fell pregnant. They have now asked me to take it easy and definitely no going to the gym for the time being, probably until I am at least 12 weeks pregnant. So there goes the idea of starting yoga classes this week, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

My next blood test is tomorrow morning. I don't like setting goals for hcg numbers, but obviously the beta needs to be in the thousands. Hopefully if the hcg levels are high enough we can go in for an ultrasound and fingers crossed see our babys heartbeat!

4 comments:

  1. Scary! I'm glad the bleeding seems to be resolved. Sending you so much good juju for your appointment. I can't wait to see pics of your little one!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec - I'm so glad the spotting was minimal! I will be thinking of you and the upcoming blood test!

    Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed for you bec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. six weeks already? before you know it you will be half way. It goes VERY quickly :) Enjoy every moment of it, and there is nothing wrong with being excited.

    ReplyDelete