Tuesday 19 May 2009

4280

My hcg levels are 4280. So they are doing something, but still not at a great rate. We wont really know much more until the scan on Monday. I've heard that you wont usually get a heartbeat until the hcg levels are over 6000iu so I am praying that it is okay.

I rang up and complained about the attitude of one of the nurses today. I had a phone message to give the clinic a call, and Linda answered. She gave me my results and was so gloom and doom about the whole thing. When I questioned whether my number was okay, she said to me that the numbers were giving me 'false hope' and implied that it was already over with. I was so upset, I got off the phone and sulked for a bit, but then decided I need to call back and speak to a different nurse.

The other lady was lovely and said that there was no way for us to know what was going to happen, and that yes - ideally my numbers would be a lot higher but it can still happen. She then told me that she had an ultrasound with her second child with no heartbeat, and they scheduled a d&c, then just before she had it she had a second ultrasound and there was one, and she now has a 5 year old! I told her the things that Linda had been saying and she agreed that it wasn't what I needed to be hearing. I left it at that as I don't feel a formal complaint would help me at this point.

I am keeping my appointment with my obstetrician on Monday. He is going to do a scan first thing to check on growth, and then we will go from there.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for calling back! I'm sending you tons of prayers!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad that you called back!

    sending you prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are your best advocate...and that of your childs! Good for you for standing up for both of you and still praying...always praying.

    ReplyDelete