Sunday 8 November 2009

My new job

OK, finally five minutes to sit down before I head off to church this morning.

I have worked in Occ Safety & Health the last four years but our branch was restructured, and lucky me, my job was one of the positions that was restructured out. Luckily my manager found me a three month acting role in Recruitment which has given me the opportunity to get some HR experience behind me. It has been great fun working in Recruitment, a lovely group of people who are all very genuine - a nice change from some of the people I have worked with previously!

Two positions came up which I applied for, one was in HR, the same level that I was on already, and it was for an eight month contract. The other one was a level higher (payrise), permanent (yay - have been on contract for over four years!) and located at a different site (free parking!)

I was offered the HR position first but they hadn't processed the applications for the other role by then, so I had to hold off accepting. Luckily enough I got an interview which was held on Wednesday, and was offered the job Thursday afternoon!

I am so excited about this role, it is the Systems Support Coordinator for the Perth Region, which means looking after all the corporate systems for our area, still doing a fair bit of OSH, some environment and auditing work, and business management systems - procedures, policies, work instructions and the like. I start in two weeks!!! Instead of being based in Leederville, I will be working in the Canning Vale office which is about 15 minutes from my house in the opposite direction. Free parking is going to be awesome considering we pay $11 a day to park at the moment, and they are refurbishing the offices I am going to so we will have a nice space to work in as well!

I do feel a bit nervous about it all - in theory I know I can do all of these things, and I have done them all before, but this is a different environment - what if I have overstated my abilities and can't do the job as well as I think I can? All that self-doubt has started to come out, but I am trying to remain strong.

So something has finally gone right for us - I guess it had to at some point! Unfortunately Murray still hasn't found a job for next year which is quite scary. He has had two interviews so far, one of them we were positive he would get but unfortunately he didn't. Praying very hard that we find something for him very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic Bec!! How exciting! You know for some reason I always thought you lived NOR?!?

    Keeping my fingers crossed that Murray manages to secure a position for next year!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach - I'm south-east near Cannington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the new job, you're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new job sounds great! Congrats to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you!! The new jobs sounds great!

    ReplyDelete