Thursday 24 April 2008

Pregnancy announcements

It's really hard for me to hear pregnancy announcements, but I've just realised how difficult it must be for the people around me as well. My next door neighbour came over today to tell me that she is three months pregnant. She has been a huge support to me, she has other friends who have been through IVF so she has shared their experiences and has always been there when I've needed a shoulder to cry on. Of all the people who I am friends with, she 'gets' me the best.

And now she is pregnant. She nearly cried when she told me because she was so worried about my reaction. My initial reaction was shock followed quickly by excitement. I am so genuinely happy for her, it's a really good thing to happen. She has a 14 month old son Xander who is just gorgeous, and I'm glad that they are going to have another one.

I can't help but have a tinge of sadness though. When we moved into our house, Megan was two months pregnant with Xander. Surely it's my turn sometime soon?

3 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that our turns are coming up shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that must have been hard for you, and for your neighbor. Your time will come sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be your turn. It will.

    ReplyDelete