Thursday 3 April 2008

Decisions

My period arrived this morning which means I need to make a decision. Do we book in for my Day 21 appointment which means starting IVF in May, or give myself an extra month to recover? I want to go straight back into it and not waste any time, but I also need to get my head straight. Maybe I can do both...

I've decided to join my gym's 'BootCamp' 8 week program which starts in a few weeks time. I'm trying to focus on lots of exercise at the moment. When I went through a really bad patch last year, I turned to exercise and it helped me a lot. I'm hoping it does the same again this time. I really don't want to go on anti-depressants.

5 comments:

  1. Exercise has saved me, mentally, on several occassions. I'm sure it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bootcamp. I have to tell you, with exercise, my mental condition goes from bat shit crazy to merely chemically imbalanced. I think this will be a good thing for you!

    We were in the same positon with the IVF - start immediately, or wait a month. We waited because I really needed to wrap my head around the fact that we needed to do IVF.

    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec, I'm glad you're doing things to take care of yourself. I'm sure the exercise will get the endorphins flowing in your body, which will feel good (even if your muscles are screaming!).

    Good luck with your decision-I'm sure you will choose the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exercise always works wonders for me.

    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete