Tuesday 27 November 2007

Can't sleep

I've had a shower and have laid down but I can't sleep. I need to get all of this out before I explode. Sorry if it's all over the place...Mitchell (my brother) has lost the plot. I called Alicia(his gf) to ask about christmas (We are holding xmas lunch at our place this year and i wanted to see if they are coming) but the moment she picked up the phone she burst into tears. He has been treating her very badly, calling her an F'ing ugly dog' and telling her to leave and that he hates her etc, but he wont leave the house and he wont actually break up with her.

When I heard everything that was going on, I went straight over there to see if she was alright and took Murray with me for protection. Mitchell wouldnt speak to me, but when he heard Alicia talking to me about him and what was going on he completely lost control, went screaming at us and swearing, telling us to 'get f*cked' and we are all 'f*ing dogs' etc. He went and sat back down on the computer and after a bit I went up to him and tried to make conversation politely and calmly with him, he kept telling me to 'f*ck off' and then got so aggresive that he stood up with scissors in his hand and screamed in my face to f*ck off. He then lit up a bong inside the house, next to his children. This went on for so long, the look in his eyes was like a mad person. It wasnt someone being angry, it was someone with no control, no idea of right or wrong, someone who is pyschologically damaged.

He smacked Lulu so hard today that she has marks on her lower back and upper legs, Alicia took a photo and I just cried. On top of all of that he quit his job last Monday after having two weeks ARL and hasnt rocked up to work for the rest of the 2 week notice period - there goes any reference for a new job, not that he wants another job. He had too much fun getting drugged up with his mates. Alicia wont leave, at least not yet. She keeps saying that she just wants him to change back the way he was, but even from the very beginning, things havent been good between them. I dont know how she stays with them when both her and her children are in danger.

When i left today she said that 'no doubt ill cop it once you leave now that ive spoken to you'. I feel absolutely horrible for leaving them there but she wouldnt come with us. I am devastated. First thing tomorrow, my Mum and I are calling child protection services. I am broken hearted. And that's not taken into consideration the infertile in me. That is just me the sister and the aunty. I feel so helpless but I can't stand by and do nothing.

2 comments:

  1. What the??? Why is she staying in the same house as your psychotic brother exactly? Tell her to wake up to herself, she has got to get out of there WITH THE KIDS! If she continues to stay then she is abusing her children by subjecting them to your bro's behaviour. I hope you can talk sense into her and convince her to leave, she has no other choice unless she wants to put her kids at more risk of abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how no matter how bad the abuse and how great the love and support, those in DV relationships be that control, physical, emotional,ect. Are unable to leave or understand the severity of the situation untill after they have been away from the cycle for a while and learnt all the behaviours.

    ReplyDelete