Tuesday 3 June 2008

Wow. No I mean WOW!

I am feeling so blessed right now - something has finally gone right for us. We managed to get twenty eggs in my egg collection this morning!!! Nope, that's not a misprint - 20 eggs! After all the stress of the last two weeks, worrying that we wouldn't have a lot of eggs, we ended up with the perfect amount. 17of the eggs that were retrieved are mature, and three of them are immature, which they will do IVM on. Apparently there were a lot more immature follicles but I started to bleed a little bit which made it hard to locate the follicles with the ultrasound, and because they already had such a good run with the mature eggs, they decide to live it at that instead of risking doing damage.

In terms of my body, I was quite perky after the procedure. We even stopped in at a baby store near the hospital that I have always wanted to look in and I felt fine. The moment I picked up the panadeine forte for the pain, which is what was prescribed to me - an extreme wave of nausea came over me and I didn't cope very well from then on. Luckily we weren't too far away from home at that point and I managed to crawl into bed and take some Maxalon. Still feeling a little foggy at the moment but need to get myself better so that I can get into work tomorrow.

Yay, twenty eggs - I can't stop smiling! We will get a call tomorrow with fert results, Murray has to head back in in the morning to do a second sample for the IVM eggs. And then we aim for a Sunday transfer. The last Sunday transfer was meant to be on Easter Sunday but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe this is it for us :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! 20 eggs is great! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really did deserve a WOW! So happy things are looking so good for you guys. Looking forward to tomorrow's update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!

    Well done, looking forward to an update.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly i appreciste for such a thought and experiment on fertility of IVM eggs.Hope to get great results in ur next ones.
    ============================
    james blake
    WoW Gold

    ReplyDelete