Sunday 15 June 2008

Feeling much better

I am finally feeling like myself again, today is the first day that I haven't needed to medicate myself to get out of bed in the morning. Definitely a big achievement for me! All my OHSS symptoms have dissipated, besides the endless trips to the toilet of course!

My bloating has subsided dramatically, I am still two kilos heavier than when I started but I'm not too concerned with that. My body has been knocked around a fair bit with the bloating. I imagine this is what it looks like after a pregnant woman has a baby, my skin is all floppy and gross which is depressing because I have worked so hard over the past year to really get myself into shape. Murray keeps telling me that it doesn't matter and that I should focus on getting better, but he's not the one whose body is fcuking up. Oh well, I'm feeling better which is the main thing.

I'm really nervous about going back to work tomorrow. Last week was an incredibly busy week and with me being out of action, I know it caused a fair bit of drama at work. I know I shouldn't feel guilty about it, I was sick, there was nothing I could do. But yet I still feel guilty.

Something else to feel guilty about, we had to borrow $2000 off Murray's parents so that we can pay our IVF bill. We thought we had more money free on our credit card but apparently we don't and we didn't have enough to pay for our IVF treatment. Fun. Well I guess not many people have a spare $8000 lying around to make the upfront payment. We will get a big portion of that back from Medicare and my private health insurance thank goodness, I don't know how people manage to keep going back to do this. The FET in August is a lot cheaper, the nurse I spoke to at the clinic said that it is only $2050 upfront plus some extra drug costs like pessaries (around $100) and progynova (quite cheap). We will get a big chunk of that back with the Medicare Safety Net (Thank God for the safety net - it has been a lifesaver this year!) so we should only be out of pocket around $500 at the most - finally some good news!

On a completely different note, I am feeling really close to my husband at the moment. Murray has really been there for me in the last week through everything that happened. Sometimes I make fun of his weaknesses, he is a worrywart and a panicker by nature, but he really came through for me this week and I really appreciate it. Maybe it's because I am off all the hormone altering drugs, but I feel really close to him at the moment. Tonight we are off to the movies to watch Sex and the City, yes I know, a chick flick! But I was meant to go and see it on Wednesday with my girlfriends when I was really sick so Murray is taking me out tonight, we are going to La Premiere! Which means free popcorn and coke and food service - yummo!

3 comments:

  1. Bec, I'm so glad you are feeling much better! Here's to hoping your recovery continues to speed along!

    Did you enjoy the movie? I saw it with some girlfriends two weeks ago and we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    Your tale of OHSS sounds terrible! I just had a meeting with my RE today about starting Clomid and your story gave me pause. I'm glad to know what the symptoms are so I can be vigilant.

    Isn't it wonderful to have a good husband by your side? I think I am too hard on mine these days, what with all the hormones coursing through me, but it is really nice to curl up next to him at night and know we're in love. Enjoy that feeling until your next outburst (if you're anything like me)!

    You must be so thrilled to have four little opportunities on ice waiting for you when your health improves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec, I am so glad you are feeling better! I am dying to hear what you thought of Sex and the City! I went with a couple of girlfriends and CAN'T wait to see it again. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete