Thursday 5 June 2008

Recovering slowly

So the last couple of days have basically consisted of trying to very steadily recover but my body hasn't been cooperating with me the way that I would like. I have been really sore since my EPU. At first it was just the normal soreness of the ovaries and feeling constipated, but I had a lot of referred pain in my ribs and shoulder, and now the pain in my ovaries has spread up my sides and into my upper stomach area. The clinic has advised me to keep drinking lots of water and protein shakes, and to call back tomorrow if I'm still feeling unwell. A friend suggested that it could be gas which I guess is possible but it is so incredibly painful, even walking is proving to be difficult. The day after my EPU I went into work but only managed to do a couple of hours as my head was so fuzzy, I couldn't concentrate on anything. I've had a few headaches in the last couple of days that have migraine symptoms without the migraine itself. Fingers crossed my migraines don't reappear on the scene, I don't think I could deal with that as well as all this crap.

Anyhow, the good news is that of our 17 mature eggs, 14 fertilised through ICSI which is a fantastic result. Of our three IVM eggs, all three fertilised although two look abnormal at this point. They will keep an eye on those for us anyway. So tomorrow is really the big test, we should get a grading for our embryos and see what stage they are at.

Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Everything crossed for you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 fertilized is awesome!!

    I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie...EVERYTHING is crossed for you! I can't wait to hear the fert results tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bec, thats such great news!!!!

    ReplyDelete