Thursday 13 May 2010

More ignorance

Continuing the theme of people who don't get infertility, I received an email from a distant cousin who I virtually never see and doesn't really know me. 

COUSIN 12 May at 08:23
hey sweetie :)
are you still doing IVF ?

No idea how she knows but its no secret I guess..

Rebecca D 12 May at 11:42
Hi amy. yep starting ivf again next month - will see how it goes. how are you?

Short, sweet, to the point, and then moving onto a different subject

COUSIN 12 May at 14:35
you should watch 'the secret' so AMAZING!!! and mind blowing and awesome :D
wow!!! :D
im good!
i hope it all goes well for you :) xoxo

Great, unsolicited advice, thanks for that

COUSIN 13 May at 19:42
raw vegans are extremely fertile and fall preg easily, it sounds extreme and it takes time to learn to do properly but this lifestyle has a ton of benefits, there are places in Perth where you can learn. anyways just an idea :) my goal is 100% raw organic vegan :) if someone had of told me 3 years ago that id be vegan one day i would have been like NO way in hell lol
but its actually not as hard as it might seem and the food tastes incredible! :) in fact even my mum LOVES my raw vegan creations lol
anywayz i hope you have an awesome week and good luck with whatever you choose to do, :) xo
dont hate me for sending this lol im just trying 2 help coz i know IVF is super expensive :(

No *shock horror*, IVF is expensive? You are kidding me! And there are never any infertile vegans? I beg to differ.

COUSIN 13 May at 19:49
benefits for me include : super energy! never get headaches EVER, beautiful skin, feel super strong and fit, never get sick etc (hard to believe i know, but true)
my friend Sue was overweight and she lost 30kg in 3 months by going raw vegan and she used to be a hardcore meat eater :D plus she has the most amazing energy !
lol sorry haha i just feel like i have to share and help everyone coz THIS CAN SERIOUSLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!
:)

OK now you are bothering me. I haven't responded to your emails, which is generally a sign to STOP EMAILING ME!

Rant over.

4 comments:

  1. LOL

    Ahhhh dear.

    Just last night I had some moron on facebook who doesn't even know me, send me a msg telling me that if I eat these weird berries that i'm pretty sure taste like dirt will make me pregnant.

    Because apparently If I eat these berries, my husbands sperm will magically be totally fertile.

    Morons.

    sending you love.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's all I can say!
    I'd e-mail her back and say sorry I was delayed in responding I was just finishing off my medium rare Sirloin Strip... Thanks for the advice but I don't think changing my diet is the cure all for shitty sperm and broken ovaries. But thanks for your advice on a topic you know nothing about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, that old "I'm giving you some assvice" trick under the guise of being casual banter. If only we had all been told earlier that a raw vegan lifestyle would make us fertile! Don't forget the cherry ripes, fairy dust, magic water, knitted ducks and eating dirty flavoured berries.

    Even though her friend is getting alot of nutrition from her vegan diet, she has effectually starved her body into a famine. What does the body do in response to famine? It tries to gain weight. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up even heavier than when she started. Good luck to her though.

    ReplyDelete