Monday 3 May 2010

Church workshop

On Saturday I went to a workshop at my church called 'Hidden Masks'. It was about the masks women put on after unresolved pregnancy loss - abortion, stillbirth, miscarriage and early childhood death. It was an interesting workshop - some parts I didnt feel were as relevant as others, but it was still good overall.

It did make me realise that I have resolved my miscarriage. I will always remember our baby, our first baby girl, and I don't have to forget her to move on with my life. I like when I think about her, and the short time I was pregnant with Vanilla. But it doesn't eat at me like it once did. It has taken a year to get to that point. That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes get teary at babies, or a particular thought will cross my mind that makes me sad. But I have worked through my grief and now have mainly happy thoughts.

The one thing I pray is that I never have to experience a miscarriage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment