Sunday 4 October 2009

Round Ten - Fight!

The bell has sounded - we are on our way into our tenth cycle. My period arrived this morning (and hurts like a bitch) so I will go into the clinic tomorrow morning for bloods and scan and start this whole merry-go-round again. The one thing I am worried about is that I haven't lost the weight that the clinic wanted me to lose. But believe me, if they try and make me wait another month, there will be hell to pay. I am very good at being vocal when I need to. Although I haven't lost any more weight, I have lost 12 centimetres, and 1.5% body fat - all while having spent the last week in wine and cheese country. So I think I have done bloody well.

Speaking of which, our holiday was really nice. A little frantic at times, having your flight changed without being told will do that to you! We caught a 2am flight to Adelaide, and ended up on a 6am flight coming back - so you can imagine how earlier we were at the airport checking our luggage in - not happy jan.

We spent the week in the Barossa Valley, a bit over an hour north of Adelaide in South Australia. It's predominantly red wine country, and I of course being the white wine drinker in our household ended up being designated driver. Luckily our hire car was an Audi A3 and a dream to drive, so I didn't mind too much! We bought plenty a bottle of wine and had to ship them back as they didn't fit into our luggage. And now for some pics of our mini getaway.







3 comments:

  1. DING DING! Bec I'll be on your tag team if you like, I can't understand why you have to "lose weight", you look quite healthy to me! I honestly don't think the scales do the talking anyway, the tape measure does. Looks like you both had a great time away xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you SO much good luck and good JUJU for your cycle! I'll be your water girl, if ya need one ;o)

    Glad you and Murray had fun on your little vacation. Those pictures are great. Love your bag ;o)
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see and read that you had a great time away!

    I've got my Pom Poms at the ready to be leader of the cheer squad for your next cycle!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete