Sunday 25 October 2009

9dpEPU

Can I test yet! I know I shouldn't, yet the urge is there. Luckily I don't have any tests in the house which means no testing just yet, but I just want to know already.

I started thinking last night about the whole donor issue, and I think part of my fear at least about going through the donor process, is having to go through IVF again. And then it clicked - maybe I don't have to? If I am healthy (bar my PCOS which is really just ovulation timing), and the donors sperm is good, well can't we do IUI? I know it has a lower success rate compared to IVF, but it is way less invasive and significantly cheaper for each attempt. I need to find out more details about success rates and whether it is a good fit for us, but it definitely makes me feel a little more confident about our options going forward if we dont get the result we want this time.

Off to church this morning, I feel I am being so selfish but all my prayers have been about our little babies, and asking God to please let them grow and stick.

2 comments:

  1. I'm asking Him the same thing as you Bec. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think DIUI IS a great idea. I follow another blogger that just got her first BFP after her first DIUI. They did 5 IVF's and never got a BFP!! DH and I have decided to try that as well. It is cheaper than adoption without the waiting time too. Good luck! Hoping you won't have to because this cycle works out.

    ReplyDelete