Friday 25 September 2009

Uh oh

Murray lost his job today. Well to more correct, his contract is not being renewed at the end of the year, so he has a job until the end of the school year, but they don't want him back. He is just devastated. He has had a personality clash with his head of department the whole two years he has been at this school, and she gave a scathing review of him to the principal so that is that. Nevermind that he has never had a bad review from ANY of his past schools, colleagues or boss. Or that the kids love him and respect him. I am so angry and upset for him - his confidence has really taken a blow.

Luckily he had an interview at another school this afternoon, so I tried to pep him up and get him feeling positive about himself, and apparently the interview went well, so we just need to cross our fingers and pray that he gets the job.

At least he is on school holidays for the next two weeks - he doesn't have to be around all of those horrible people. He wasn't the only one that was let go, around 7 other teachers also got told that they were out of a job.

We are going away next week for a little getaway - off to the Barossa Valley in South Australia for four nights. Lots of wine and good food, staying at a bed and breakfast and hiring a car to get around the place. I think it is going to do a lot of good.

9 comments:

  1. sorry to hear - I am sure something better will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he'll find something Bec! Keeping my fingers crossed for him!

    Another holiday? Lucky you! I haven't been lucky enough to have a "break away" for well over two years now and the past 18 months are the months where I've need a "break" the most! Go figure!

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! My DH lost his job in February literally days before our second appt with RE to get our first IVF started. I was devastated. He finally got a job mid June. He is so happy now. Things work out. He will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bec,

    I'm sorry to hear this.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! That's terrible. Sending him lots of good JUJU for his interview. Enjoy your getaway!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure that he's going to find something soon. Can he talk to his union about the bad review? If we get bad reviews we can go to our union to appeal ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blow! I'm not sure if he's in the private or state system but hopefully he will find something very soon.Enjoy the holiday. I start bootcamp this week. I'll keep you posted! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goon on Murray for standing up to the head teacher and staying strong in his beliefs. Teachers can be incredibly cliquey. Perhaps this change will be good, bring lots of new and positive energy around him and then you two can surge ahead with your next round of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hon, I nominated you for an award on my blog, please stop by and check it out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete