Saturday 19 September 2009

Losing weight for IVF

I know you all saw the title and went 'yeah, yeah, here she goes again', and yep, I am on the weight loss merry-go-round again. I have just finished the second week of boot camp and am utterly exhausted. Our trainer was half an hour late today so we spent that time in the gym going hard, then ran a couple of kilometres to a park to do hill runs and plank holds, sprints and other exercises, then ran back again. Two hours of hardcore exercise! On a Saturday morning! But I know I burnt an enormous number of calories so it makes it worthwhile.

Last week I lost 1.5kg and I am aiming to lose 5kg all up before our next IVF treatment in November. The clinic want me to have my BMI under 35 which is fair enough, but I also want to feel good about myself, and losing weight is definitely one way I can do that.

I know the experts say that losing just 5% of your body weight can help restore normal menstrual cycles in overweight women. Well I lost 20% of my weight two years ago and it did absolutely nothing for me, nor my PCOS. But it did make me feel good, which I think is worth just as much.

A couple of my good friends who also go to my gym are coming over tonight for a bit of a girls night in - healthy hamburgers, celery, carrots & dip, and low-calorie cocktails. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Losing weight always makes us feel better. The benefit of feeling better about yourself is the best one, in my opinion. Way to go, girl!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Bec you kick that weights arse!!

    Congrats on the weightloss and the fantastic effort you've already put in re your training!!

    You KNOW you can easily reach that 5kg loss!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete