Friday 24 October 2008

cycle six

When I talk to other people, it's much easier to call all of our cycles an 'IVF cycle', that way I don't have to explain the intricacies of cancelled cycles, IVF, IVM and FETs. But it's important to me to note the differences between each cycle. After all we are now up to six ART cycles but only three of those have had a transfer.

(1) IVF #1 - Sep 07 - Cancelled after understimulating on a low FSH dose. No EPU. No transfer (2) IVM #1 - Jan 08 - EPU and 1 blastocyst transferred but BFN
(3) IVM #2 - Mar 08 - EPU but no embryos made it to blast. No transfer
(4) IVF #1 - May 08 - EPU but OHSS and in hospital. No transfer
(5) FET #1 - Aug 08 - 1 blastocyst transferred but BFN
(6) FET #2 - Oct 08 - 1 blastocyst transferred.
Results unknown= 6 cycles started, 3 EPUs and 3 transfers.

Even though I have done six treatment cycles, the clinic only counts it as three attempts because they work off how many transfers are done. Stuff that for a joke!

Do you go into detail and explain the differences in treatments with friends, family and others? Or do you reach a point where you don't bother? I'm a little tired of talking about what I'm going through, but I never don't answer a question because otherwise they may not ask again, and infertility shouldn't be this big taboo that everyone avoids. Anyway, just something I wanted to put out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment