Sunday 1 November 2015

Prayers

I keep thinking 'what if'. What if this works. Thinking about prams and due dates and after-school activities. I'm trying not to get carried away, but my brain always does this. Every time I give myself permission to hope, it ends in disaster.

My constant prayer has been that whatever God wills, let it be done. If that means no children, then I know he has a plan for me, that I can't do with a child. Maybe I am destined to adopt? Maybe he wants to be available for some other great adventure. I don't know, but I have to trust in his infinite wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to know what His will is in all of this. Praying you will feel peace as you go through this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. I did not get my dream of a child but he gave me a husband with three children and I get to be a grandma even though I wasn't a mother to any children. God knows the plan for us and sometimes it is hard to just trust in that.

    ReplyDelete