Monday 16 November 2015

Day 12 - Growing lots of follicles


Today's scan showed that my follicles are still growing and there are lots of them! 17 follicles 10mm or larger, with another 16+ follicles smaller than 10mm. The lead follicle is 16mm currently, so egg collection looks like it will be on Friday or Saturday. 

My estrogen is at 5401 which I think is at the high end, but considering the number of follicles I have, it makes sense. My LH has dropped to 1 and so my doctor has added a LH medication to keep egg quality good. I had a Luveris injection this afternoon, and I will be doing one of those each morning until my ovulation trigger injection. The limited research I've done this afternoon seems to show it as a positive step, so I am happy with that. 

I have another blood test and scan on Wednesday to see where we are at, and fingers crossed we will get a trigger time and egg collection time! I'm feeling generally quite positive with this cycle. Murray and I have spoken several times about what happens if it doesn't work, and while we no doubt will have strong emotions, we are trying to keep everything in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! Sending lots of positive thoughts. Everything sound really good so far.

    ReplyDelete