Thursday 19 November 2015

Day 15 - Ready to (pull the) trigger!


My Egg Collection has been booked in for this Saturday at 11.20am. My blood test this morning showed my estrogen at 10510, LH at 3 and Progesterone at 3.4, so we are all good to go. I wish I had another ultrasound so I could see if they have grown anymore but I have to trust that they are all there waiting to be extracted.

So what happens next…

Thursday
  • Stop my Puregon/Orgalutran/Luveris injections – yay! My stomach is feeling very tender!
  • Take 1 x Ranitadine tablet tonight – this is because I have had a gastric sleeve
  • Take my antibiotics tablets 2 x Azithromycin (500mg)
  • Tonight at 11.20pm take my Ovidrel trigger injections
Friday
  • Nothing to eat or drink after 11.20pm. The extra long fasting time is because of the gastric sleeve. They need to make sure that my stomach is completely empty as food and water can regurgitate while under anesthetic which can then be inhaled into the wind pipe and lungs, so they are super careful.
Saturday
  • Another antacid at 5am with a teaspoon of water
  • Check in to Concept at 10am
  • Egg Collection!
  • Hopefully be released mid-afternoon
So that’s it! Fingers crossed we get a good number of eggs, they fertilise well, and then grow, grow, grow! I don’t want to put a number on the amount of eggs I want to get, but I definitely have an idea of what I would like to get.

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! I'm wondering how you are feeling with your estrogen being that high! Are you feeling any symptoms of OHSS? My RE told me with me being 6 yrs older this time around that even if my estrogen was high again this time I shouldn't feel it as much... not sure if that is true or not. Hope you are feeling well and congrats on all the eggs!

    ReplyDelete