Wednesday 13 August 2014

Day 9 - IVF and a public program update

We have been following up with our local minister about the public IVF clinic, and our local member has followed up for us with the Minister for Health. We previously had written directly to the Minister but basically got the brush off that it was being reviewed, and we weren't given a timeframe for how long that would be. The letter we received back today indicates that it will be 'finalised' within three months. Whether finalised means actually commencing in three months or not is a whole other story.


I am back on the IVF wagon. I still pray every night that we get the adoption phone call, but now that I have started the process again, I realise I have opened a box that two years ago I closed up and put on the shelf. Now that it is open, I spend my train trip contemplating nursery paint colours, and as a drift off to sleep I think about different obstetricians and the pro's and con's of public and private hospitals. I consider how pregnant I would be at certain points of our holiday at Christmas, and whether a particular location would suit me better if I was with child. It's an obsession, one that I managed to come to terms with while we knew it wasn't happening. But now, it's different. The box is open. We are doing this embryo transfer, and now the public IVF program is going to be re-opened. If this cycle doesn't work, then we will be pursuing full IVF. It scares the hell out of me, but I am going to do it. I need to – I am stubborn and refuse to let this defeat us.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for a response! I am totally with you on this one. We closed the IVF box years ago and now we are oping it again. Your last two sentences capture my thoughts exactly! I can't wait to see how your miracle baby comes into your lives. All roads are open at this point. It is exciting!

    ReplyDelete