Saturday 9 August 2014

Day 5 - Still unwell

This cold/flu bug that I've caught hasn't let up. I'm up to my eyeballs in snot and tissues, constantly going to the bathroom to empty my bladder from all the water that I've been drinking, and coughing up my lungs while simultaneously overdosing on throat spray and lozenges.

I haven't been at work since Wednesday which is frustrating, not just because I'm busy at the moment and don't want to put more pressure on myself, but because from next week, I'll possibly be needing to take time off to attend appointments at he clinic. It's not an issue for me to go to get blood tests and the like done, but it does eat into my time, I don't want to appear unreliable or like I am never there. I have decided to not tell too many people about this cycle, so only two people at work know about this treatment cycle, and I haven't told my boss. My Mum and two best friends know about this cycle, plus two work friends, and Murray has told one workmates but that's it. For us, who are usually very open with our treatment, it is quite unusual.

I guess we didn't want to place too much pressure on ourselves - having everyone ask how it is going, or if we will try again. Also explaining why we are doing IVF - have we given up on adoption? So many questions, and I don't want to go crazy over this cycle. I am no longer on anti-depressants for the first time in seven years and I don't want to set myself up for failure, and go back down that rabbit hole.

Fingers crossed I start feeling better soon. I don't want to be ill when the embryo transfer happens - I need my body at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment