Sunday 17 August 2014

Day 13 - more blood tests

Five days in a row of blood tests and my poor veins are not coping well. My left arm has only very shallow veins that are really easy to collapse, and my right arm has only two veins that the phlebotomist has had success with getting blood from. I've had a few issues this cycle where the person has tried one of the non-preferred veins and I've gotten quite faint and in pain as a result of the slow bleeding and having to move the needle around in my arm. Fingers crossed I don't have too many more to go.

Today's estrogen level is 1389, progesterone is 2, and LH is 9, so it doesn't look like I will ovulate on my own. The clinic has asked for me to do another blood test in the morning (ouch), plus an ultrasound, and pick up a trigger injection which I will use to induce ovulation if my LH levels haven't surged by tomorrow morning.

This weekend has been really lovely. Hubby and I went for a lovely breakfast in Subiaco after my appointment at the clinic yesterday, and while I had my acupuncture appointment in the afternoon, he went and had a face shave and beard trim at the barber. On a whim I called up some friends of us who happened to be in the next suburb over, so we went to Mount Lawley and had a drink and some snacks to catch up. The weather in Perth seems to have lost its winter edge, if only for a brief respite from the cold weather we've been having, so it was nice to get out a bit.

I appear to have convinced my subconscious that this cycle is going to work. My brain is thinking about baby names, nursery furniture and maternity hospital choice. Even when I deliberately try and think about other things, it all comes back to being successful. My worst fear is being unsuccessful and plunging into a deep dark hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment