Tuesday 1 November 2011

Winning!

I'm feeling good today. Actually, I feel downright awesome. Not only did we have our IUI this afternoon, I also won the sweepstakes for the Melbourne Cup at work, and won a separate bet on the winner, netting me $130! To celebrate, I brought yummy asian takeaway food for us and our neighbours.

The IUI went pretty smoothly. The lab had to thaw two straws to make up the sample, but the sample was very strong - 15 million sperm, 10 million motile (66%) and 90% of that 66% were forward motile. The procedure went okay, although my cervix did spasm after the catheter was inserted (ouch!). But all in all, very easy and it was nice to lie back for 20 minutes afterwards and think happy thoughts about it all.

I am doing my blood test on Monday the 14th, which is good as I have the day off work, so I wont have to leave early if I get upset at bad news. I am feeling really confident. I figure if I can tip the winner of a race with 22 other horses in it, why the hell can't I fall pregnant as well!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I feel good about this one, and great to see you posting again! Crossing my fingers for you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! i hope ths is your month!

    ReplyDelete