Thursday 24 November 2011

Charlie

My poor little puppy is in the wars at the moment.  We came home from work today to find Charlie with one of his eyes closed and swollen. We took him to the vet where they found that he had an ulcer on his eye, which they had to scrape off and give him a local anesthetic. He also appears to have a skin allergy or dermatitis as his skin is quite red and he can't stop licking and scratching himself which isn't normal behavior for him.

Anyhow, he has to have eye drops, antibiotics, pain killers and special shampoo and a check up on Monday to make sure he is okay, but we are very glad it wasn't something worse.

Besides that, I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my US based friends. For the rest of us - Christmas is not far away! I've been busy getting my shopping done, and now I only have my Mum and brothers to buy for.

I can't stop thinking about Daniel deploying. I know he is going to be fine, but I keep having this daydream of going to his funeral, and it is freaking me out. People telling me he will be fine is not reassuring me, only frustrating me.  I think it is something that I will just deal with when the time comes.  I went past the post office today and bought 20 of the right size boxes that we can use to send care packages over. I'm going to address them all and then hand them out to his mates and our family so he gets a constant flow of messages and goodies. It will probably embarrass the heck out of him, but I want him to know we love him and are thinking of him. Oh dear, I'm getting weepy and he hasn't even left yet!

I've had a bit of work drama this last couple of weeks, which I think will be okay now, but it has been exhausting and upsetting.  I'm looking forward to a week off at Christmas, and then our trip to Bali next year! 

In fertility news, I am off for my day 10 blood test tomorrow, hopefully the clomid has done its job again and we will do a donor insemination early next week.

Anyhow, I should probably head to bed.  Now I have my new iPad gadget (OMG it is awesome! Best early Christmas present ever!), I've been going to bed early but playing on the iPad until far past my bedtime! 

Night all x

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad charlie is okay! His poor little face looked so sore!

    Moo had an issue with his skin, he was always scratching and licking and driving ME insane with it, we changed his diet and it did the trick.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that Charlie is ok and on the mend! frustrating part about owning pets - they can't tell you what's wrong.

    i'm lucky in that neither of mine have issues with their skin BUT i know plenty of people who's dogs do and i feel so sorry for them, they scratch and scratch, sometimes til they bleed :-(

    worrying about a family member being deployed is totally understandable, i won't tell you he's going to be ok because well i can't foresee the future but i can tell you that you should feel whatever you're feeling because it's totally normal.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete