Monday 27 September 2010

Musings

I have taken up the challenge from the lovely Bec (yes there are two of us - I imagine very confusing for our friends), to answer some questions. Here we go...


1. Do you have any pets? Yes, our 10 month old Beaglier puppy Charlie Hustle - he is our baby!
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you. My Blackberry, water bottle and a disposable camera from our holiday that I was meant to get developed months ago
3. What’s the weather like right now? It's midnight so cold and dark! But it was a beautiful day
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed? Yes a Peugeot 307 - never crashed
5. What time did you wake up this morning? 8.30am for Church at 9
6. When was the last time you showered? Last night after painting
7. What was the last movie you saw? Can't remember. Oh yes, it was Matching Jack, an Australian film. Sad but different to my usual genre
8. What does your last text message say? "Hey hon, can't see the picture. Just at church. Don't spend too much money on me k xxx" (Murray sent through a picture of a handbag as he is in Melbourne this week)
9. What’s your ringtone? Depends - Rude Boy by Rihanna for Murray and Telephone by Lady Gaga for everyone else. Actually I may change that tonight!
10. Have you ever been to a different country? Yes - to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Fiji! Love the tropical paradise holidays!
11. Do you like sushi? Yes
12. Where do you buy your groceries? Coles online - love having my shopping delivered to my house
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster? Oh how I love thee Temazapam! Not on it at the moment thank goodness, but has been a lifesaver in the past
14. How many siblings do you have? Two younger brothers, 21 & 20
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Both, my desktop is in the study, and a little netbook that I got for my birthday which I use around the house and at uni
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 25!
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Nope but I totally wish I had a pair of hot secretary glasses!
18. Do you color your hair? Occasionally
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today. 
Today as in Monday? I guess it is 7 minutes past midnight which makes it a new day. Ummm picking up my husband from the airport!
20. When was the last time you cried? Monday. Cancelled IVF cycle :-(
21. What is your perfect pizza topping? I had the most amazing pizza years ago which was a Thai Red Curry pizza at the Cowaramup Brewery near Margaret River - absolutely yummy
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers? Mcdonalds cheeseburger all the way
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter? Yes.
24. What is your eye color? Blue
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? Yup

NOW - I totally tag all of you to do this!


And that's it for me, it's just gone midnight and luckily tomorrow is a Public Holiday so no work! Yippee! I also get my husband back! Murray and his sister went on holiday to Melbourne for the week and I have been on my lonesome, but it has actually been quite nice having time to myself, pull myself together.

I have started thinking about a major life change. My weight has ballooned out once again. It is completely my fault, I have excuse after excuse, but that it all they are - excuses. My girlfriend Bec (the same one who tagged me) had a gastric sleeve operation done earlier this year. and I am starting to think seriously about having the operation done. One of the recommendations is that you don't try and get pregnant for at least a year, preferably two years after the surgery which obviously would be hard. But I need something different, and I feel my weight is interfering in my life - both with IVF and more generally.  I don't know, just an idea at this stage.

I have also decided to submit our adoption paperwork this week. We had filled in the paperwork and put it to the side because we wanted to have an embryo transfer before we made a decision to pursue adoption. I think I am ready to do this now though. A chance conversation about an acquaintance who adopted locally has really opened my heart and eyes, and I want to give it a try. Am worried our finances and Murray's dodgy medical report will hinder us, but we can only try.

So we keep on keeping on I guess.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've enjoyed this week to yourself - I think it's the part of my holiday that I'm looking forward to the most while also dreading - going it alone.

    Re the op- think it through carefully is all I will say. If you go public, there is usually a wait list and honestly as far as I am aware [and no I haven't looked into it, but it's what I've heard from others], you need to be considered obese for them to consider doing the op on you - don't know whether that's still the case or not?

    It's weird that you mention local adoption, it's a thought that has been stirring in my head for awhile now but I haven't done anything about it or would even know where to start or look to be honest!

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck lovely with the adoption paperwork!

    We've been tossing the idea around here lately too...

    I am so jealous that everyone else has a public holiday! Makes no difference for me really, but it would be so nice to have Lex home with me!

    Oh I forgot to tell you, I totally booked my Aussie Bloggers conf tickets!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely long weekend Bec. Just a thought, I started a course of therapy and hypnotherapy a couple of months ago to help me address my weight problem and issues. The results have been amazing. Might be slightly less expensive and traumatic than gastric banding is all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so brave to get the paperwork done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I traveled the same journey you are on and I just want you to know that adoption has been the most healing process for us. We are still pursuing IVF but there is great comfort in knowing that through adoption, we already ARE parents. IVF may work for our family one day but in the mean time, instead on dwelling on how sad it is each month when another attempt fails, I get to enjoy the absolute joy our children bring into our lives. Hang in there. Your persistance will pay off.....best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete