Tuesday 14 September 2010

Day 6

I have decided my ovaries have a sense of humour. How else can I explain that in addition to my usual smattering of 5mm folicles over both of my ovaries, I also have a ginormous 14mm lone follicle? So frustrated by that damn follicle, I swear my body is having a great joke at my expense. I spoke to the nurses coordinator and let her know that I would not want to cancel the cycle. She seemed suprised that I thought it would be cancelled, but this is similar to what happened in my very first cycle, where I injected for a couple of weeks and only ended up with the one big follicle growing (I was on 75iu/112.5iu and this cycle I am on 112.5iu).

So I have started my orgalutran injections today, much earlier than I normally would, but can't risk ovulating earlier. Thank goodness the government have subsidised the injections since last month, otherwise this could be a very expensive caper - they were previously $90 a shot!

So off for another blood test tomorrow morning...

1 comment: