Monday 20 September 2010

Day 12 - All over

As predicted, my cycle was cancelled this afternoon. My estrogen finally kicked in and went back up to 1500 but my follicles hadn't grown much at all. My primary follicle was at 24mm, but the next biggest was 13 with some at 9 and 8, and plenty of small ones at 6mm. The nurses said that I could trigger and do a timed intercourse cycle but Murray is going to Melbourne tomorrow so the timing would be off, and we know the likelihood of it working isn't worth the heartache. So it's over. Again.

I have left a message for my doctor to call me tomorrow about a change in protocol. I'm thinking that I might try a flare cycle with Lucrin injections, and hopefully he will consider moving my gonal-f dose to 150iu to see if that makes a difference. Which means starting all over again in November, as the clinic always wants a rest cycle in between treatment cycles. I don't bother fighting that any more, I realise that I need it for my sanity more than I realise.

I'm hurting but surviving. I have some beautiful friends who have helped me through today, distracting me and providing good loving.Thank you, you know who you are.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bec I'm so very sorry to hear this. It totally sucks that you had to go through this twice in a row. Look after your self hun, I'm thinking of you. Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. darlin I am so bloody sorry again. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bec, I'm so sorry.

    Sending you big, big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you. I am just an old lady canceled for completely different reasons, but I wanted you to know I am pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just visiting from LFCA and wanted to give you a massive hug. I have been in your shoes having had my first IVF cycle cancelled for sky high E2 levels and the ups and downs of a second cycle that ended with me coasting and a BFN. I feel for you but don't lose hope! I hope next attempt will go smoother for you, sometimes it just takes time to get the drug protocol right (and yes, it is bloody frustrating and heartbreaking in the meantime) My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete