Thursday 16 September 2010

Day 8 - holding steady

Somehow my estrogen level is still at 1300. Back at the clinic tomorrow for a blood test and scan. Am happy that for once my body isn't spiralling out of control with the hint of hormones, but at the same time - come on! Just play nicely ovaries - please!

The best scenario is that the big follicle has collapsed, and the other follicles have increased in size which would account for the hormone level to have stayed the same. Google is not helping my cause, I have always had quite high estrogen levels during IVF, but some websites say that anything over 4000 is really bad and should be cancelled because of OHSS - but nearly every cycle I have done has over 4000 by trigger? Who knows, I am just going to see what happens on the ultrasound tomorrow. The fact that I am underdone means that they can always up my dose to see what happens, rather than having to cancel because I am too high.

I haven't spoken to my brother but I have forgiven him for his stupid comments. He didn't get anyone pregnant, I think he just forgets sometimes that I'm not one of his army mates who can talk crap to, I'm his sister and this is the one area you don't mess around about with me. Phew.

Would appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts for tomorrow, I couldn't bear to have another cancelled cycle, I don't know if I would have the courage to go through this again.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you nothing but positive vibes for tomorrow - THIS CYCLE WILL NOT BE CANCELLED!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you so much love and good JUJU!

    So sorry I've been absent from your blog. I've been reading from my phone but haven't been able to comment. You are never far from my thoughts, hon.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete